08 September 2007

AC Challenge...
Category: Life

I've decided to stretch myself. Not the stretching you get at the gym or when you first get up in the morning... But a lifestyle stretch.

I cut off the A/C two days ago. I bought two new fans tonight. They're currently on and aimed at me. The thermostat reads 80.

The challenge is this: how long until I cut the A/C back on for good. I'll turn it on before guests arrive and enjoy it in the car and at work (where it's a glorious 68 degrees inside the building) and anywhere else I'm at, I just choose to turn it off right now.

No, the A/C works fine. Yes, I can definately afford the electric bill. No, I'm not a 'tree-hugging hippy'. Not that there's anything wrong with that.... I just want to see.

In Costa Rica we didn't have air conditioning for a week. There was almost always a breeze at night so we were relatively comfortable. The last night at camp was a calm night... so that wasn't fun. On another mission trip the missionaries had decided that their money was better spent somewhere else, so they lived without AC in a tropical climate.

I'm just curious... Can I survive until the arrival of winter?

Coming this winter: The heating challenge... How long can I survive using only my kerosene heater? Of course, due to possible freezing I'll keep the thermostat on 50 until I can't stand it anymore...

Peace!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed